Make a difference to your Community by joining the Sargent County NDSU Extension Team. By joining the team, you will serve as a key administrative support for the County Extension Agents for Agricultural and Natural Resources, Family and Community Wellness, and 4-H Youth Development Programs.
Sargent County is looking to hire a Full-Time Administrative Assistant for the Sargent County NDSU Extension Office to Perform clerical duties to provide administrative support for the Extension Agents, and serve as receptionist, providing general information and assistance to callers.
The position includes a Benefit package, with health/dental insurance, vacation and sick leave. The hours are 35-hours a week. Wage is negotiable depending on experience. The position will report to the NDSU Extension Agents.
Education and Requirements:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with general customer service, clerical and organizational skills.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Composes general correspondence, information sheets, direct mailings, newsletters/brochures.
- Serves as receptionist, answer phones, directs calls, take messages, greets and assists visitors, and answer public
- Sorts, opens, distributes mail.
- Maintains record retention in compliance with the NDSU retention policies.
- Performs basic bookkeeping duties.
- Serves as treasurer and prepares financial reports for Sargent County 4-H Council.
- Maintains county website/social media platform.
- Provides resources for 4-H club members, families, volunteers as needed.
- Coordinates and conducts 4-H events/activities such as contests, workshops, county achievement days/fair,
- Order office supplies as needed.
- Utilize general office equipment (computer, copier, calculator, laminator, postage-meter, multi-line phone).
- Maintain and update administrative records/reports such as Civil Rights compliance, record retention and
disposal of reports as needed.
- Participate in development training offered through the county, NDSU or other vendors recommended by
- Provides information, instructions/resources to be used in orientation/training successor.
- Physically operate a variety of office machines/equipment.
- Must be able to reach, retrieve, lift, move, carry job-related objects or materials.
- Exposure to public contact and sitting.
- Physical demand requirements include sedentary or office environment work with some lifting of up to 35
- Work may be performed in the office, or at off-site locations such as meeting places, fairgrounds, events as
- Headaches, eyestrain, carpal tunnel, related occupational hazards associated with computer work reflect most
common for potential for injury.
- Use of personal vehicle for local (in town) trips/errands is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, general public.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Communicate with co-workers, clients, callers, customers, in a respectful, efficient and effective ways.
In order to apply for the position, please contact the Auditor’s Office at 701-724-6241 # 1, to request an application and a full job description to be mailed or download the information on the Sargent County website.
Sargent County requires a resume to be submitted along with the job application. The job application and resume can be sent to the following email addresses listed below:
County Auditor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources: email@example.com
NDSU Extension Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is open until filled. Sargent County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.