Are you looking for a full-time job? Come join the Sargent County Team in making our County Courthouse Clean!
Sargent County is looking to hire a Full-Time Custodian to provide a service to keeping our Sargent County Courthouse clean by performing a variety of facility and grounds maintenance duties. The position is a 35 hours per week with flexible hours. Starting wage negotiable and depending on experience. The position includes a Full Benefit Package. The Custodian will report to the Board of Commissioners.
Position requires the following:
- Must be 18 years old.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Requires a high school education or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Requires one year of custodial or maintenance experience or equivalent combination of educations and experience.
- Knowledge and Certification in boiler operations, electrical system repair, plumbing and carpentry.
- Orders custodial supplies, maintain inventory in storage areas, complete maintenance records.
- Perform various cleaning duties: sweeps, mops, vacuums, buffs surfaces, empty trash cans.
- Cleans bathrooms, replaces dispensed supplies (soap, paper towels, toilet paper, etc.)
- Wipe down hand rails, door knobs, counter tops, due to COVID.
- Performs minor repairs on office equipment and furniture.
- Cleans all offices and common areas in buildings, dusts woodwork, baseboards, polish brass fixtures.
- Wash windows, dust and clean blinds, clean light fixtures.
- Maintain building appearance (paint walls, varnish woodwork, repair concrete walls as needed). Repair dome windows and stained-glass sections.
- Perform landscaping duties (cuts grass, trims weeds and shrubs, plant flower beds.
- Remove debris, snow from walkways, parking lots, during winter months.
- Maintain sidewalks, all entrances of the building to be clear of ice, snow freezing drizzle by putting sand down on sidewalks, put ice melt buckets at entrances or storage area.
- Maintain and perform repairs on the plumbing and electrical systems in buildings, replace worn and defective parts.
- Perform basic carpentry duties to repair wood parts in buildings.
- Conduct routine maintenance on the HVAC and boiler equipment.
- Service power equipment (changing oil filters, grease equipment, replace blades)
- Operate landscaping equipment/machinery (lawn mower, tiller, snowblower, loader, buffer, vacuum, floor stripper.
- Utilize carpentry tools (mechanical, electrical, plumbing).
- Tasks involve moderately physically, demanding work, including climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, lifting, carrying, and pushing/pulling objects of moderate weight (20-50 pounds), to heavy physical work up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to read documents, operation manuals, diagrams.
- Ability to communicate with and before others using correct English.
- Ability to communicate with people to convey and exchange information.
- Exposure to heat, cold, odors, toxic agents, chemicals, dust, disease, machinery, electrical currents.
- Potential injuries include, allergic reactions, skin burns, electrical shock, exposure to disease.
In order to apply for the position, please contact the Auditor’s Office at 701-724-6241 # 1, to request an application and a full job description to be mailed or download the information on the Sargent County website.
Sargent County requires a resume to be submitted along with the job application. The job application and resume can be sent to the following email addresses listed below:
County Auditor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources: email@example.com
The position is open until filled. Sargent County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.