Do you enjoy working with people and promoting workplace safety? Sargent County has a job for you.
Sargent County is looking to hire a Part-Time HR Director to carry out policies of Human Resource activities, such as employment, compensation, payroll, and benefits administration and workplace safety. Provides Human resource support to Department Heads and Supervisors and helping out Employees. The position includes a pro-rated Benefit package, with health/dental insurance, vacation and sick leave. The hours are 24-hours a week. Wage is negotiable depending on experience. The position will report to the Auditor and Board of Commissioners.
Education and Requirements:
- Associate Degree, preferably Bachelor’s degree in business administration with an emphasis on Human
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Assist employee with administration of county benefit programs (medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, etc.) and maintain contact with insurance/pension companies.
- Maintain personnel records including benefits, new hires, promotions, transfers, resignations, retirement, terminations.
- Accumulate budget information for fringe risk management program/human resource needs as requested.
- Maintain employee policy manual for review and approval by Dept. Heads/Supervisors, Personnel Board, or County Commission.
- Knowledge in areas of FMLA, EEO, ADA, and COBRA and counsel employees/supervisors in employment activities.
- Process hiring requests, prepare internal/external postings, process employment application.
- Coordinates, investigates and documents employee work-related injuries, WSI and NDACO, and ensure confidentiality of work-related injuries. Promote Safety at the work place.
- Assist and collaborates on a variety of projects (outside job compensation consultant on pay plan administration).
- Performs new hire orientation.
- Work with Legal Counsel to ensure polices comply with Federal and State Laws.
Experience and Skills:
- Requires 2 years of financial/administrative experience.
- Ability to handle multiple duties/priorities with strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of payroll/flexible benefit administration.
- Knowledge of current labor laws/personnel/payroll administration rules.
- Knowledge of operation of county government and the North Dakota Century Code.
- Keep informed of human resource management practices and labor laws (federal and state) through publications and seminars.
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally and in writing), have good Public relations skills.
- Ability to work in a confidential manner.
- Strong customer service skills, written communication skills, receptionist/phone experience.
- May encounter moderate emotional strain or tension.
- Exposure to public contact and sitting.
- Moderate exposure to Video Data Terminals (VDT’s).
- Moderate lifting up to 40 pounds.
In order to apply for the position, please contact the Auditor’s Office at 701-724-6241 # 1, to request an application and a full job description to be mailed or download the information on the Sargent County website. Sargent County requires a resume to be submitted along with the job application. The job application and resume can be sent to the following email addresses listed below:
County Auditor: email@example.com
Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is open until filled. Sargent County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.