FOR AN EMERGENCY CALL 911. For a non-emergency call state radio at 1-800-472-2121.
701 680-2040 (cell)
9:00am - 12:00pm, 12:30pm - 4:30pm. Closed Holiday's
1. Where do I call to report an incident?
Call the office at 701-724-3302, if no answer or after business hours call State Radio at 1-800-472-2121.
2. What address do I use to send mail to the Sheriff's Department?
355 Main St. So.,Suite 6
Forman, ND 58032
3. Is an Order for Protection or Harassment Order issued out of the Sheriff's Department?
No. All Orders for Protection and Harassment Orders are issued by the Clerk of Courts Office. You can contact them at 702 724-6241 ext. 115
4. What are the Sheriff Department's civil process fees?
Sheriffs' Fee changes made by Senate Bill 2142
Executions Fees include:
5. What number do I call to get a Road Report?
North Dakota: 511
Visit web site ND Department of Transportation
6. How do I get a permit to purchase or carry a handgun?
No permit is needed to purchase a gun in Sargent County but if interested in taking a concealed weapons permit class call our office at 701-724-3302
7. How do I get a copy of an incident or accident report?
To obtain a copy of a police or accident report, you may either: stop by in person, send in a written request, or fax a request. Your insurance company may also request the report. There is a $5.00 fee to obtain each report.
8. Where do I look to find a list of North Dakota Sex Offenders?
ND Registration of Sex Offenders
9. Where do I look to find a list of Minnesota Sex Offenders?
MN Department of Corrections
10. Where are individuals arrested in Sargent County held?
When an individual is arrested in Sargent County they are taken to the Richland County Jail in Wahpeton. If they are unable to accept prisoners, they will be taken to a different facility.
11. How do I take care of an active warrant?
Call the Sheriff's office at 701 724-3302.
11. How do I schedule jail time or set up community service?
Contact Brenda Peterson at (701) 724-3302 to schedule jail time or to set up community service.
355 Main ST S., Ste 6
Forman, ND 58032
Phone: 701 724-3302
Fax: 701 724-3300
Looking for a specific county department?